[access-uk] Re: AfterShocks Bluez2

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:12:25 +0100

This is a piece of advertorial and therefore needs to be treated as such.  My
own experience of both wired and blue tooth sets is that they are fine for
speech including synth speech in settings where the ambient noise level is not
too high:  the reproduction of music by both sets cannot be described as
anything better than unsatisfactory:  the copy describes spill as "Normal" but
given that both sets have to be used at the top of their volume range, such
spill as there is will clearly be exacerbated.  Once when I was testing the
wired version, a colleague sitting three desks away could not only hear the
music I was playing but could easily identify it.  Having said all that, I use
both sets on a daily basis for working with my desktop computer and hand held
devices, both in the relative  quiet comfort of an office setting.  I know
others use theirs on the street.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
www.disabilitynow.org.uk<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/>
follow us @disabilitynow<https://twitter.com/DisabilityNow> -
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disability-Now/448258551882688> and
sign up to our eNewsletter
here<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/newsletter-subscription>
Disability Now, 6-10 Market Road, London, N7 9PW

On 26 Jun 2014, at 10:25, Peter Bentley wrote:

I don’t have Bluez 1 but this description for Bluez 2 sounds very impressive.
Taken from Top Tech Titbits)

http://www.aftershokz.com/2014/05/30/meet-bluez-2-transcending-wireless-bone-conduction-headphones/

Peter Betley