[access-uk] Re: AfterShocks Bluez2

  • From: Paul Warner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:46:55 +0100

It would also be interesting to see if they have ironed out the phase problem.

Paul

On 26/06/2014 11:12, Ian Macrae wrote:
This is a piece of advertorial and therefore needs to be treated as such. My own experience of both wired and blue tooth sets is that they are fine for speech including synth speech in settings where the ambient noise level is not too high: the reproduction of music by both sets cannot be described as anything better than unsatisfactory: the copy describes spill as "Normal" but given that both sets have to be used at the top of their volume range, such spill as there is will clearly be exacerbated. Once when I was testing the wired version, a colleague sitting three desks away could not only hear the music I was playing but could easily identify it. Having said all that, I use both sets on a daily basis for working with my desktop computer and hand held devices, both in the relative quiet comfort of an office setting. I know others use theirs on the street.
*

Ian Macrae
**/Editor
/*Disability Now
*www.disabilitynow.org.uk <http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/>*
*Disability Now, 6-10 Market Road, London, N7 9PW*
*
*

On 26 Jun 2014, at 10:25, Peter Bentley wrote:

I don’t have Bluez 1 but this description for Bluez 2 sounds very impressive. Taken from Top Tech Titbits)
http://www.aftershokz.com/2014/05/30/meet-bluez-2-transcending-wireless-bone-conduction-headphones/
Peter Betley