[access-uk] Re: After Shock headphones.

  • From: Les Smithson <lsmithso57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 19:11:19 +0000

Both of mine were the Bluetooth versions, so no external cables to
break.

Mike Ray writes:

It struck me that the cable entry into the headband looks like a common
failure point so I have used a cable tie to strap the cable to the
headband just behind the entry point to relive strain on it.

I have had my Aftershokz for a couple of years and they get heavy use
and no problems. Maybe because of the cable tie which I applied
immediately I got them out of the box.

On 02/11/2015 19:16, Les Smithson wrote:

Hi: It was the left speaker that broke in both cases. I won't be
buying another one.

"Ian Macrae" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ian.macrae1"
for DMARC) writes:
> Interested to hear your experience Les. I had the same thing happen to
a wired pair I had been using with my computer at work. It seemed like
something inside the left speaker came loose so that it no longer worked.
> > On 2 Nov 2015, at 09:08, Les Smithson <lsmithso57@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Hi: I use Aftershocks with hearing aids and they work fine for me, but
> > I guess results may depend on your hearing impairment. I also wear
> > sunglasses, so things do get a little crowded above the ears.
> >
> > However the durability of Aftershocks is questionable. My first pair
> > were replaced under warranty when one of the speakers stopped
> > working. This replacement has developed exactly the same fault, but
> > now out of warranty. Aftershocks aren't cheap and I'd expect better
> > quality for the money. Are there alternatives on the market?
> >

> > David Griffith
> > writes:
> >> I wonder if anybody is able to give some feedback as to how loud >
> > Aftershock headphones are and whether they would be in any way
> > suitable > for someone with a hearing impairment. > I find using
> > travel apps on my iPhone difficult at the moment as in > noisy traffic
> > environments I have to take a hearing aid out, and then > insert an
> > earphone into the phone in order to hear what is going on.
> >>
> >> I can normally manage with the volume on an iPhone with normal
> >> earphones/headphones as long as they are not really quiet models and
> >> providing my phone is set at maximum volume.
> >>
> >> It occurs to me that the conductive Aftershock model may suit me
better
> >> as they do not involve taking hearing aids out, that is providing
that
> >> they are not low volume and quiet.
> >> David Griffith
> >> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]