[access-uk] Re: After Shock headphones.

  • From: Les Smithson <lsmithso57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 19:16:40 +0000

Hi: It was the left speaker that broke in both cases. I won't be
buying another one.

"Ian Macrae" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ian.macrae1" for
DMARC) writes:

Interested to hear your experience Les. I had the same thing happen to a
wired pair I had been using with my computer at work. It seemed like
something inside the left speaker came loose so that it no longer worked.
On 2 Nov 2015, at 09:08, Les Smithson <lsmithso57@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi: I use Aftershocks with hearing aids and they work fine for me, but
I guess results may depend on your hearing impairment. I also wear
sunglasses, so things do get a little crowded above the ears.

However the durability of Aftershocks is questionable. My first pair
were replaced under warranty when one of the speakers stopped
working. This replacement has developed exactly the same fault, but
now out of warranty. Aftershocks aren't cheap and I'd expect better
quality for the money. Are there alternatives on the market?

David Griffith
writes:
I wonder if anybody is able to give some feedback as to how loud >
Aftershock headphones are and whether they would be in any way
suitable > for someone with a hearing impairment. > I find using
travel apps on my iPhone difficult at the moment as in > noisy traffic
environments I have to take a hearing aid out, and then > insert an
earphone into the phone in order to hear what is going on.

I can normally manage with the volume on an iPhone with normal
earphones/headphones as long as they are not really quiet models and
providing my phone is set at maximum volume.

It occurs to me that the conductive Aftershock model may suit me better
as they do not involve taking hearing aids out, that is providing that
they are not low volume and quiet.
David Griffith

Les Smithson

Les Smithson