[access-uk] Re: Address Book in Outlook 2003

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:56:33 +0100

Hi Steve.

There are 2 address lists in outlook 2003, its stupid no idea why. the address book which is what you see when you press control shift B, and the auto complete list which is maintained as you type in addresses. it sounds like your auto complete list is incomplete. export all your addresses from your address book to a CSV file. then use the following utility to import the addresses in to your auto complete list. when you run the executable it loads your current auto complete list and allows you to import your address book from a CSV file to fill the list. the link is:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_edit.html

its definitely free although they also have a paid version. i used the free version to fix someone's address book not long ago and at the time i was very glad i switched away from any form of outlook long ago. good luck and let us know how you get on...

cheers,

Mo.

On 18/06/2014 19:26, Steve Hyde-Dryden wrote:

Hi All,

I wonder if someone can answer a question for me? I've recently done some work with someone who is using Win 7 Home with Office 2003. They use Outlook for their BT internet email and have a number of email contacts in their address book. The preferrences are set to automatically fil email addresses in but this doesn't seem to work for maybe half a dozen contacts. It doesn't matter even if they try using the first letter of their name, surname or email, it simply will not auto fill. When they then go to their address book and open a new email from the contact name, it is of course, all fine.

Anyone any ideas?  George perhaps?

Steve HD