[access-uk] Accessible Set-top Boxes

  • From: dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:07:07 +0100

Hi Folks

There was talk some time ago that there was going to be an accessible solution to set-top tuners/recorders by adding speech to the on screen menu'sfor such as EPG etc. I'm sure the RNIB member of staff who used to send out e-mail bulitins of AD films etc. who's job was sadly axed and she no longer works for them informed me that something was to be launched in February/March of this year but as yet I've heard nothing about it.

Also I remember reading an article from someone called Brian Hartgen regarding something along these lines, or maybe he was talking about accessible TV's, but I'm sure the technology would be the same.

So does anyone have any info on this subject please?

Thanks
Martin