[access-uk] Re: Accessibility and usability of Malware Bytes

  • From: Tony Sweeney <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 09:57:00 +0100

Hi Clive,

Other folk will know more I guess but on this list think it was someone kindly advised using version 1.75 which
doesn't keep giving out those annoying prompts.

I use Jaws and need to route jaws to PC for best accessibility but usually let it get on with it's job.

The version is free but having said that good enough IMHO.

Best,

Tony Sweeney.
the On 05/07/2016 09:44, Clive Lever (Redacted sender clive.lever for DMARC) wrote:

Hello all,

What is your experience of Malware bytes? How accessible and usable is it with whatever screenreader you are using?

For example, every 24 hours, a 'Malware bytes Anti-malware" window pops up on my computer, andall I can hear is 'Enter Button'. Even having turned notifications off, this still returns like a bad penny every day. Sighted people can see what unwanted programmes were found in the programme's scan.

If anyone knows of a way to resolve the issue I have, I would be grateful, but I'd be interested to know other people's general experiences of using the programme too, as I hope to have a chance to discuss accessibility with the Malware Bytes developers.

Best,

Clive