[access-uk] Re: Accessibility and usability of Malware Bytes

  • From: Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 09:52:36 +0100

Clive this is absolutely not accessable to me using N V D A.
I can scan,copy to clipboard then that's where it ends as I cannot get to any results .
Previous versions were great but for the past year or so it's rubbish.
Please pass this on to the Malware team.
Hazel
On 05/07/2016 09:44, Clive Lever (Redacted sender clive.lever for DMARC) wrote:

Hello all,

What is your experience of Malware bytes? How accessible and usable is it with whatever screenreader you are using?

For example, every 24 hours, a 'Malware bytes Anti-malware" window pops up on my computer, andall I can hear is 'Enter Button'. Even having turned notifications off, this still returns like a bad penny every day. Sighted people can see what unwanted programmes were found in the programme's scan.

If anyone knows of a way to resolve the issue I have, I would be grateful, but I'd be interested to know other people's general experiences of using the programme too, as I hope to have a chance to discuss accessibility with the Malware Bytes developers.

Best,

Clive