[access-uk] ATTENTION ALEX AND PETE - ABOUT DEFAULT CLIENT

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:42:17 +0100

Hi,

I just noticed in the Other page of the Options for Outlook that the
check box which is relevant says

"Make Outlook your default client for email, calendar and contacts

This would clarify to me that if you have Outlook as Default for email
then you'd have to send email from Outlook for forms.  On some WEB pages
I think you still fill in forms on their site, but on lots these days
you simply are directed back to your email client, with the addressed
filled in, so that you can write a message and send it off.

With regard to Outlook Express, it seems that you're only saying "Yes"
or "No" to making Outlook Express your main mail and/or news client.

Does this help your understanding at all?

I do hope you solve your problem, Alex, though I'm not sure I even
remember it now . . . but that's not your fault but mine.  <SMILE>

Of course, that doesn't mean to say it *definitely* works that way!

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

---