[access-uk] ADSL modem/wireless router

  • From: "marie baisez" <m.baisez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:40:11 +0200

At last ADSL is available round here.
At present our 2 pcs are networked via an RJ45 cable connected to the 2 identical motherboard integrated network facility, we have an external modem. My pc operates on win XP SP2 and Dave's on Win ME.
Is a wireless network including shared ADSL MODEM with the 2 pcs possible with this set up? If so, what do we need to buy? I've looked at the sites of the most popular service providers but they don't talk a lot about networked systems and when they do, they give everything fancy names without giving any definition.

Thanks in advance to those who will make the time to help.

Cheers now,

Marie

p.s. If other options are available allowing the 2 pcs to use the modem independently, would like to know of those as well in case we can't go wireless or the hardware is not available to buy in these backwaters.