[access-uk] Re: A query about Council Tax on behalf of a friend

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 09:35:47 +0100

This is a means tested benefit. If your friend gets housing benefit or income
support they will get help with council tax. If not in receipt  of either as
I'm not you pay the full amount. But if the accommodation is fitted for
disabled living you drop a band in the calculation. My heating loss means I
have specially loud door and phone bells so I qualify for that.

Roger