[acc_tr_vsk] Re: Features of the Future (JIEL)

  • From: miked2004@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:22:01 +0000 (GMT)

I did receive your "test request" and I will change the receiving email address
from my email address to acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx so all people on the mailing
list can test the Team Race Request Form if they wish. The change will take
place later today. Just keep in mind that this is a work in progress and might
look a bit weird from time to time as I change things around.

I am glad we are on the same track but I still need a clearer picture of
exactly what you wish to accomplish using a webpage. The Request Form is
written into the webpage and is automatic as far as sending the request to the
mailing list but how exactly would you like people to react on the webpage? A
very easy method would be to create a "guestlist" or "guestbook" in addition to
the request form where visitors could sign in and comment on any particular
challange or request. That would be like a "mini forum".

As far as updating the "Current Challenge" and "Challenge Results" tables, this
is not automatic as of now and still needs editing via the FWYC web server. I'm
still not sure how to integrate and display the data from a request form on the
webpage instantly. Frankly speaking, I don't think this can be done without
manual trancription of the request form and manual editing of the webpage on
the server side. If I was to somehow use XML, the .xml files would have to be
updated manualy as well. After all, computers are nothing but machines
programed by people and aren't as "smart" as they appear to be.