[acc_tr_vsk] Re: Features of the Future (JIEL)

  • From: jd-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:24:25 +0100

I have created a webpage with a Team Race Challenge Request Form, Current Challenges and Challenge Results. When a team submits the request form, it can be sent to any email address but right now it is setup to send the form to my email address. I did this for testing to see if it works properly but I was thinking of changing the recieving email address to the VSK Addicted mailing list address (acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).

I just filled in the form. Do you got it ?

Since we all would recieve the request using this method, after recieving a request I can program the webpage to reflect "Current Challenge" information and after a challenge is completed I can program the webpage to reflect "Challenge Result" information. This is a far cry from an automated system but I'm still working on one.
Is this something like you were  looking for Jean-Luc?

Yep, very good ! I have understood that the form is to request a challenge that all will receive. But how a alone skipper or another team reacts when receiving the form ? Send me one to check.

As far as setting up a forum, I'm an old pro at that. What kind of forum do you want? SMF (Simple Machines Forum), V-Bulletin Forum, phpBB Forum? I would recommend an SMF forum. They are highly costumizable with many features that could be very useful. I could have a forum up and running for you in the time it takes to click a button. Once again I offer the power and services of the FWYC server if you want or need but I'm not going to waste my time if you don't want my help in this way.

Haha, dont climb on the wall Mike ! Your help and expertise is greatly appreciated ! If the form can be automated and skippers can react, no need of a forum. If you agree with the stategy i mailed before, we then just shall require registeration to the mailing list to allow race with us (when PW-ed races).

CU soon !