[acbny-l] two Described TV Programs tonight

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acbny acbny <acbny-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 05:40:36 -0500 (EST)

For the first time, WCBS TV is airing the described version of Rudolph the
Red Nosed Reindeer at 8:00 P.M. Tuesday Dec. 9, 2003.
At 9:00 P.M. on Lifetime (channel 12 in most of NYC) is airing The Man Who
Saved Christmas, a described movie about an elderly toymaker during World
War I who urges the U.S. Congress not to cancel Christmas
On ABC (channel 7) at 8:00 P.M. (I think) is an hour of Charlie Bronw but
it is not described.
To learn about other DVS (video described programs) you can visit:
tv-now.com/dvs
This site shows a whole ,pmtj
s ;ostomg pf DVS programs divided by days. Note the dash in tv-now.
Lifetime is the only TV website that I found contains a daily schedule of
its programs. This site is called:
lifetimetv.com
We can't even access the abcfamily or thehallmarkchannel sites.
If anyone else comes up with more information concerning Christmas-related
tv programs, I for one would appreciate reading about it.
Turner Broadcasting gets thumbs down as to DVS. For digital Cable
customers in NYC, both the TBS and Turner Classic Movie channels do not
broadcast the DVS portion of the movies even when the movies are listed as
veing described.
Well, that's it for now.
Happy holidays and happy viewing, everyone.
Catherine

-Catherine Thomas
braille@xxxxxxxxx                     /