[acbny-l] Re: Maxiaids in trouble again update

  • From: "Howard Smith" <hsmith1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <acbny-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:38:47 -0400

Howe Press is funded through a foundation to make a certain number of
braillers available to developing countries.  They don't lose money doing
this as it is subsidized.

On the other hand, as blind Americans enjoy using their own brailler, blind
children in these developing countries have to share a single brailler and
if Maxi-Aids is acquiring these braillers for resale in America at a lower
cost to the consumer and a higher profit for their greedy pockets and using
deceptive means to acquire other contracts, I think it's Maxi-Aids that has
to have its business practices looked over and apparently it is.

Maxi-Aids has possibly taken braillers away from thousands of blind children
in developing countries all in the name of the mighty dollar.  Hope it's
worth it to them when they are burning in hell.