[AAMT] Re: August Updates

  • From: Colin Byers <cbyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aamt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aamt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:53:17 -0600

Hi Everyone,

Here's a list of things you may want to do around the Airdrie area while
you are down for the fall  AAMT.

Cafe Radio <http://www.carstairs.fm> (Located in Carstairs 20 min north,
featured on Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here").
Cross Iron Mills Mall  <http://www.crossironmills.com> (Located 5 min South)
Calgary Zoo <http://www.calgaryzoo.com> (located 20 min south)
Telus Spark <http://www.sparkscience.ca> (located 20 min south)
Heritage Park <http://www.heritagepark.ca> (located 30 min south)
Calaway Park <http://www.calawaypark.com> (located 20 min south)
Royal Tyrrell Museum <http://www.tyrrellmuseum.com> (located 1 hour 15 min
east)
Atlas Coal Mine <http://www.atlascoalmine.ab.ca> (located 1 hour 20 min
east)
Last Chance Saloon <http://visitlastchancesaloon.com> (located 1 hour 15
min east)
Rosebud Theatre  <http://www.rosebudtheatre.com>(located 1 hour 15 min east)
Big Hill Springs Provincial Park
<http://www.albertaparks.ca/glenbow-ranch.aspx> (located 30 min west)
Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park
<http://www.albertaparks.ca/glenbow-ranch.aspx> (located 35 min west)
Glenbow Museum <http://www.glenbow.org> (located 35 min south)
Skyline Luge <http://www.skylineluge.com> (located 30 min south)
Calgary Corn Maze  <http://calgarycornmaze.com> (located 40 min south)

Calgary Dragon Boat Festival is on August 23-24

There are many parks, within a half hour drive that you can walk, hike,
fish, bike, river float. If you're looking for Big Mountain adventure,
Canmore, Banff Kananaskis  Country are an hour and a half to two hours away.

There are many farmers markets on Saturday, in Calgary, Cochrane, Carstairs
& Bergen.

Colin