[AAMT] Re: August Updates

  • From: Kevin Crawford <kcrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aamt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aamt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:01:31 +0000

Hi,
I realize that Airdrie might not be "the summer hot spot", but there are plenty
of things to do around the area:

*         CrossIron Mills Mall<http://www.crossironmills.com/> which is about 3
minutes south of Airdrie has plenty of outlet shops if you're interested in
shopping. Even taking you kids and walking through the Bass Pro Shop is simply
neat to see.

*         Calaway Park<http://www.calawaypark.com/> (Calgary's Outdoor version
to Edmonton's Fantasy Land) is about a 30 minute drive away

*         Telus Spark World of Science<http://www.sparkscience.ca/> and the
Calgary Zoo<http://www.calgaryzoo.com/> are both right off of Deerfoot Trails
and about a 25 minute drive from Airdrie.

*         Heritage Park<http://www.heritagepark.ca/> is a great place to spend
a day with a Family - about 30 minutes from Airdrie

If you're looking for something a little further out of Airdrie you could drive
to Drumheller (about an hour and a half) to see the Royal Tyrrell
Museum<http://www.tyrrellmuseum.com/> and the Atlas Coal
Mines<http://www.atlascoalmine.ab.ca/> (which was one of the stops for the
Amazing Race Canada last year and is a National Historic Site).

Or we could all go for a swim in Colin's outdoor pool at his house. :)

Kevin Crawford, B.Mgt., B.Ed.

New Media & Computer Science Teacher
CTS Department Head

GO KNIGHTS GO!