[56raf_firebirds] Re: invisible planes

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:16:47 +0100

I'm sure it's netcode.
The fact the aircraft appear when they fire seems like a strong tell.
There's something wrong with the "is this object near enough to send info" logic.
I could even be in the dserver, therefore not happening in coops.

56RAF_phoenix

On 26/08/2019 19:45, tim foster (Redacted sender silverwings.stickz for DMARC) wrote:

Added an entry to the invisible plane bug thread.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/48964-invisible-plane-bug/

Two tacviews, one from my pe2 and second from barts spitfire escort from last Wednesday bomb run that we discussed (pe2s dive bomb). Mine shows 4 pe2s plus klem as escort all way through dive attack. No one else. Whilst Barts show 4xpe2 and 4 spitfire escorts. Both are in il2tacview on teamspeak. Of course klem initially was the only one seeing all pe2s until boot fired guns.

Cina "appears" next to klem as the two 109s appear to engage them 17minutes in. Blaggards do not appear at all until 17min40secs in when they magically appear close to la5.

Same with mission track, for 17minutes just klem then cina appears next to him. Then 17min40 first bart then witch appear.  I put two jpg, 1 second apart showing cina appearing. Mission is 86M zipped so not going to put that in. But for instance those pictures I put of our dive bombing - only klem of the escorts shows some 5km(ie well in vision bubble) out.

I am guessing the reason they appear cina because the 109 spot them and I am "seein" 109s. Blaggards because either the la5 sees them or the 262 passes over us and links us to blaggards.

Devs do anything - maybe, maybe they hope the new vision mechanic cures it. Personally,  if its netcode errors then the new mechanic is not going to have any effect.

TTFN

Stickz