[56raf_firebirds] Re: invisible planes

  • From: "tim foster" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "silverwings.stickz" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 10:49:55 +0100

No mate, I only started the track running when escorts reported they could only see 3 bombers. We had already all formed up, didnt we meet you guys over Anapa? So bombers flying already some 15minutes. About 30secs in (on mission track) can see where boot fires his guns. But he is already visible on barts tacview which doesnt start until some 5minutes later.
It seems that cina becomes visible when the 109s appear. I would guess that the code detects something coming into cina vision range and does a recheck what they can see so cina showed up cos he's between them and us. Similarly bart and witch encounter the 262 which has flown over our bombers, code recalculates and find bart then witch. ie the code has missed them initially but doesnt know this, never rechecks/recalculates until something new materialises that could observe me and the plane missing. So we then get linked into same instance. Boot fires his gun within visible range of all escorts, so recalculates because it potentially needs to display tracer and calculate what/if it hits.
If you test fired on ground or just after takeoff, we'd have been far out of vision range of you.

TTFN
Stickz

On 27/08/2019 06:12, klem56 (Redacted sender klem56 for DMARC) wrote:

stickz

in the Trackfile do you see me from my takeoff in the 4 pe-2/4 escort mission where I could see all Pe-2s? I was wondering if I had test fired my guns early and if that was why I could see Boot etc. I do remember test firing them early on in one recent mission. If that is the key then perhaps we should all test fire our guns at the start of the mission? We could test that if we have invisible planes.

klem

On 26/08/2019 19:45, tim foster (Redacted sender silverwings.stickz for DMARC) wrote:
Added an entry to the invisible plane bug thread.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/48964-invisible-plane-bug/

Two tacviews, one from my pe2 and second from barts spitfire escort from last Wednesday bomb run that we discussed (pe2s dive bomb). Mine shows 4 pe2s plus klem as escort all way through dive attack. No one else. Whilst Barts show 4xpe2 and 4 spitfire escorts. Both are in il2tacview on teamspeak. Of course klem initially was the only one seeing all pe2s until boot fired guns.

Cina "appears" next to klem as the two 109s appear to engage them 17minutes in. Blaggards do not appear at all until 17min40secs in when they magically appear close to la5.

Same with mission track, for 17minutes just klem then cina appears next to him. Then 17min40 first bart then witch appear. I put two jpg, 1 second apart showing cina appearing. Mission is 86M zipped so not going to put that in. But for instance those pictures I put of our dive bombing - only klem of the escorts shows some 5km(ie well in vision bubble) out.

I am guessing the reason they appear cina because the 109 spot them and I am "seein" 109s. Blaggards because either the la5 sees them or the 262 passes over us and links us to blaggards.

Devs do anything - maybe, maybe they hope the new vision mechanic cures it. Personally,  if its netcode errors then the new mechanic is not going to have any effect.

TTFN

Stickz

--
if you dont live life on the edge you are taking up too much space

---
https://www.avg.com