[56raf_firebirds] Re: VR problems

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 09:10:03 +0000

Hope you get the cable soon Talisman

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo
i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling
Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU
32Gb DDR4 RAM
500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB
Pimax 8k Plus VR
TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base
Windows 10 Home 64bit

On 11/11/2020 14:12, Michael Colby (Redacted sender michael.colby82 for DMARC) wrote:

Gents,

Sorry that I have not been able to fly with you much lately due to problems with my VR. I have been getting more frequent vision black-outs and constant coloured sparkles, so much so that I have to take to my parachute far too often or make holes in the ground, LOL.

I am of the opinion that the VR cable has come to the end of its life and have now ordered a new one from Pimax.  I had mistakenly thought that I would not be able to replace the cable, but it turns out that I can (should have gone to Specsavers, lol).

I forked out some extra dosh to expedite delivery, but I don't have a deliver date yet.

Hope to be back in the air again with you soon.

Happy landings,

Talisman