[56raf_firebirds] Re: Talismans wingman tips

  • From: "tim foster" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "silverwings.stickz" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 21:52:02 +0100

On 02/04/2020 15:53, Michael Colby (Redacted sender michael.colby82 for DMARC) wrote:

Use the zoom function to do this if need be (set zoom function to fastest speed possible), because it is important to *watch the attitude of the lead aircraft* in order to properly wing-up and maintain appropriate formation.

Personally I find this for non VR users is dangerous (or at least dodgy) advice. We (TiR users) have a much larger (twice as much?) max degree of zoom. Whilst it might be quite happy and useful cruisin formation, you get in combat and see incoming bogie and zoom in with a TiR, it is very easy to lose sight on it just because it aint centred.

Of course this is a very personal situation for each, but I wouldnt suggest it is best, I certainly found it gave very severe issues as being almost either full in or full out (- although I seldom use either). It can also (from trying on test server) make the vision difficulties more acute - ie full zoom out lose sight (disappears) completely, try to zoom back in and its just not in FoV anymore. The optimum zoom setting for vision is not fully zoomed out - its somewhere around the FoV setting it defaults to which is inbetween.  Like with the disappearing ships problem whilst adjusting FoV (but I think that is just easier to see the problem because the ships are visible from further out).

TTFN

Stickz

--
if you dont live life on the edge you are taking up too much space

https://www.avg.com