[56raf_firebirds] Stepping down resolution, again

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 14:17:44 +0100

Having realised I really need MSAAx4 for spotting, I was running "application resolution" 2308x2264, but found that on Finnish in heavy cloud and in Kuban it was too stuttery in close combat. Despite generally getting 90 Hz. Even with Clouds on ghastly Low.

So I've stepped down to 2184x2140 and run the SYN_Vander benchmark with Clouds on Low, Med, High plus my original resolution. All have MSAAx4, graph attached.

Interestingly, Medium Clouds seems to get higher framerates. So this new resolution and Medium Clouds (horrible Balanced graphics and no Shadows) will be my selection for the moment.

56RAF_phoenix