[56raf_firebirds] Re: Duxford Spitfire galore.

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 20:22:04 +0000

lol

On 30/10/2020 14:17, Rob (Redacted sender robinhj for DMARC) wrote:

I used to live near Chatham but I moved there just after the Navy moved out.   I then moved to near Helston just as the Navy decided to stop doing air displays at Culdrose.  They hate me :-)

Rob

On Friday, 30 October 2020, 10:22:43 GMT, Colin Pack <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I went to world superbikes at brands hatch one year, where they had a tornado and harrier display. The harrier just hovered above us, it was deafening, we could not hear what each other were saying. A few years before that I went to a Royal Navy opening day at the Chatham naval docks and standing on a deck of a frigate and a harrier was just hovering between two frigates and again was deafening, always liked the harrier :).

Colin

Sent from my iPad

On 30 Oct 2020, at 09:40, Rob <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The sound that remained with me was the Mercedes engines 109s with that whistle it made.   Another sound I remember is a formation of harriers taking off vertically at Farnborough It made the Vulcan sound quiet!