[56raf_firebirds] Re: DCS Spitfire

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 19:48:15 +0000

Well, carrier ops in IL-2 GB would be fun

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo
i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling
EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked
32Gb DDR4 RAM
500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB storage
3 x 27" monitors @ 5760x1080 + 27" 1920x1080 in Tee format
TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
Cockpits in LEA Extended Input on 10" iPad
Windows 10 Home 64bit

On 06/11/2019 13:59, Michael Colby (Redacted sender michael.colby82 for DMARC) wrote:

Gents,

I have been revisiting the DCS Spitfire IX lately and must say that it is more enjoyable to fly than in the past, particularly the new engine sounds (and engine rumbles with my force feedback seat).  I think this bodes well for the upcoming Mosquito, due for release next year :)  I am using the *beta version of DCS*, not the release version as that has not been updated yet.

I have also been enjoying the Mig-15; so sad that we can't use the DCS Mig-15 and F-86 on a complete and joined up Korean war flight simulation depiction.  I would love to try Sea Fury carrier missions one day and can't help but hope that IL-2 GB will give us the Korean war in its simulation eventually, perhaps after the WWII Pacific theatre of operations has been covered.

Good days ahead for us with combat flight simulations I hope.

Happy landings,

Talisman