[56raf_firebirds] Re: [56raf_firebirds] Re: [56raf_firebirds] Re: S.E.5a and Tigers!

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 11:57:59 +0100

Thanks Talisman,

all went well including some unintended humour when I tried to translate
into German. New daughter-in-law is Austrian and her grandparents don't
speak English. I was using a mobile App - always dangerous! Still, it
made 'em laugh. I should have left it to the daughter-in-law, she speaks nine
languages=-O

Much de-stressed now the wedding, decorating, etc are done but still not
sold on WWI.

Didn't know you had the cross-winds :thumbsup:

cya tonight. Warm up those Spitties. Time to test the theories.

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS Sabertooth X58 mobo
i7 950 @ 3.8 GHz
16Gb DDR3 RAM 11-11-11-30
2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked
128Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s
Windows 10 Home 64bit
3 x 27" AOC e2752vq @ 5900x1080 + 23" 2333HD @ 1920x1080
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
X52 HOTAS + X45 miscellaneous controls
CH Controls Manager

On 26/07/2018 11:28, Michael Colby (Redacted sender michael.colby82 for DMARC) wrote:

Congratulations and good luck with your speech Klem.

P.S.  Loving the Spad!  The MFG Crosswind rudder pedals are a real help as there is lots and lots of rudder action with the WWI aircraft (rudder compensates for lack of aileron authority in WWI birds).
I find the WWI dog fights great fun and it is fighter action all the way :)  I would have thought it would be right up your street Klem.  Shot down a Fokker and landed back at base on my first outing on MP, but I think it was AI.  The next opportunity I get I will be on MP again looking for more Spad vs Fokker action.  I think Dutch will love it.  Very much looking forward to having some fun with you chaps in WWI fighters.

Happy landings,

Talisman

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎26‎ ‎July‎ ‎2018‎ ‎05‎:‎56‎:‎15‎ ‎BST, klem56 <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

witch,

it's not so much '56 missions' that are boring, it is more the lack of a
proper air war with opportunities to fly as a practised fighter
squadron. We have lost that opportunity in BoS as it is principally a
ground war and we have definitely lost some of those skills. Flying
IL-2s against ground vehicles or dropping bombs on groups of buildings
is ok occasionally but not for me all the time. It's not that the 56 leader
keeps choosing to do it, its more that there is little else to do. As a
Squad we would have to search hard to find a plane or two to attack. You
and Colin, flying as a lone pair against multiple ground attack
aircraft, have more kill chances and gives you the freedom to watch the
map and know where to find enemy aircraft including a few fighters. We
don't usually do that, being tied to a G/A objective, and there are
often too few fighters to find anyway. Sadly, as you say, when we do
make a fighter sweep we seem to run ourselves into trouble or most often
cannot find any enemy a/c and rtb empty handed.

Or maybe I am just a bit jaded. Creating a mission or two and learning the DCS
FA-18 are probably the
most interesting things I am doing at the moment.

btw guys, sorry to be absent last night. Daughter #2 is getting married
tomorrow and there's been a lot to do.

Cheers all

klem
http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS Sabertooth X58 mobo
i7 950 @ 3.8 GHz
16Gb DDR3 RAM 11-11-11-30
2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked
128Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s
Windows 10 Home 64bit
3 x 27" AOC e2752vq @ 5900x1080 + 23" 2333HD @ 1920x1080
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
X52 HOTAS + X45 miscellaneous controls
CH Controls Manager
On 24/07/2018 22:23, Lee Fisher (Redacted sender l.fisher for DMARC) wrote:
Comrades, you’re missing a trick,

I’ve done over 32 hours in TAW and the VVs planes are great. The only thing missing is that great big 1000kg bomb the fascists have, otherwise I’ve had a blast in the IL-2’s, using rockets, p-tabs and the 37mm cannon, level bombing in the Pe-2 and A-20 is great fun, when I have them. The

Also had a couple of sorties in the La-5FN and Yak1-b for the first time and got a couple of kills, great planes, nice to fly.

Klem, you say the 56 missions are boring, well I reckon working together at the front line in IL-2’s we could take out enemy columns or defensive areas quickly, especially with other VVS flyers about over the same target. The same would be true if you took fighters to the same area, oh wait a minute, you did that with three spitfires last week, don’t go so close to the enemy airfield!!!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow :)

Witch

On 23 Jul 2018, at 13:09, klem56 (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

This is the usual old chestnut when a new sim appears. It's bad enough in BoS when not everyone has the same maps and therefore not the same aircraft but we can usually work around that.

We had just this problem when Rise if Fight came out (I think we were a bit disillusioned with 1C) but most of us didn't like RoF much. FC may be a better experience, I don't know. These issues have the potential to split a squad up. Perhaps some are a bit bored with BoS scenarios anyway or want variety. I certainly miss larger (CoD/IL2 46) air-combat opportunities which are few in BoS but might improve with BP. OTOH the BoS ground attacks are a bit boring to me but they're a chance to keep up with you guys. Personally I  don't care what people do because they will anyway and Squads never stay the same for ever.

Guys you have to decide what you want on an individual basis. As a Squad we could vote for say BoS on Sundays and FC on Wednesdays which would leave me out on Wednesdays but personally I have other sims/aircraft to fly. Actually it might be a good idea to have those options for Squad nights to give variety and keep the gang interested. I'd probably be a bit of a part timer, preferring a night in BoS and a night just learning new aircraft or doing aerobatics in DCS for variety.

Anyway, that's my 2p/2c.

Cheers

klem
http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS Sabertooth X58 mobo
i7 950 @ 3.8 GHz
16Gb DDR3 RAM 11-11-11-30
2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked
128Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s
Windows 10 Home 64bit
3 x 27" AOC e2752vq @ 5900x1080 + 23" 2333HD @ 1920x1080
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
X52 HOTAS + X45 miscellaneous controls
CH Controls Manager
On 23/07/2018 09:58, Rob (Redacted sender robinhj for DMARC) wrote:
I have to admit I am torn now.  I might be able to get enough money together to but Bodenplatte but I like the look of Flying Circus more.   If I buy FC instead of Bodenplatte then I will probably find myself left behind quite often when the squad wants to fly WW2 and if that is happening I would probably end up not flying BoX and just flying FC which in turn would possibly lead to joining another squad.  On the other hand,  I have not flown BoX for about 5 weeks now and don't miss it so maybe I would be wasting my money buying either :-)     I will probably have a better idea when Summer ends.

Roblex