[3ddesktop-dev] Question about the speed of operation.

  • From: "Steven W. Orr" <steveo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 3ddesktop <3ddesktop-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

I have two 'puters. Machine 1 is running an ATI Saphire X1650PRO, and Machine 2 is running with a NVIDIA GeForce 6600. M1 is brand new and M2 is about two years old.

When I run 3ddesk on M1, it takes about almost a full three seconds for the operation to get to a specified desktop to complete. On M2 it takes less than 1 second. I should note that the program completes almost instantly, but the operation to switch is what's taking time.

Is this an expected result of these cards or is there something else I should be looking at, or is this just the way it is?

TIA

steveo at syslang.net