[24hoursupport] Re: windows updates

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 19:49:04 -0500

*USUALLY* Windows updates are fairly intelligent and if the file changes
already exist, then no changes will be made.  There are exceptions, but in
the past I've had no problems with updates installed over updates.

On 5/4/2003 at 9:45 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as wilson
morton was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  I have xp home edition.  To solve the problem I
          |  was having,
          |  > tech support had me re-download IE6 with servpk 1.That
          |  > solved the original problem, however, now it tells me I
          |  > have 32 critical updates that need to be installed, some
          |  > updates, and some of them have already been installed.
          |  >
          |  > I am afraid if I have all the ones listed re-instaled, it
          |  > will cause a problem.
          |  >
          |  > How do I handle this.
          |
          |  For a web-based membership management utility and information
          |  on list policies, please see http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/
          |
          |  To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" (without quotes) in
the subject.