[24hoursupport] Re: how do i set up a web site?

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:42:33 -0800 (PST)

 Thank you. That will indeed be a great help in getting me started! := )
Oe6

--- "Fuzzy Logic fuzzymo-at-gmail.com |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxx= rg|" <...>

From: "Fuzzy Logic fuzzymo-at-gmail.com |24h= oursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|"
<...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:05:32 -= 0500
To: ........................
Subject: [24hoursupport] Re: how do= i set up a web site?

Ron, that was one of the clearest, most c= oncise explanations I've seen
for setting up one's own domain. Very well= stated.

Fuzzy

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:24:45 +0000, chizotz@mc= hsi.com <chizotz@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>OK, here are the basic= s.
>
>There are two issues here. First, you must register you= r domain. Second,
you
>must get a host.
>
>Registering= your domain is where you find out if "www.johndoe.org" or
whatever
>= is available. Someone else may have already registered the domain name
you=
>want. Once you determine a domain name that you both want to own a= nd is
>available, you must register the domain name and pay a fee. T= he fee must
be
>paid again periodically to maintain your ownership o= f the domain, I
believe
>you can pay either yearly or every other ye= ar. I think I have a domain
fee
>payment coming up soon myself.
&= gt;
>Once you have registered a domain name, you have to find a hos= ting
companyto
>host your site. This is the company that provides t= he server space,
server-
>side software, and bandwidth necessary to = make your new domain available
on
>the Internet. Typically, hosting = companies also provide you with email
service
>so that you can have = a "john@xxxxxxxxxxx" email address.
>
>Many hosting companies= offer a way to do everything you need to do all at
>once. For examp= le, http://www.bluedomino.com is the hosting company I use
for
>my h= osting of http://www.nibec.com (which I have done almost nothing
with,but> the support pages for this email list are there).

>= I've been pretty happy with my hosting service, but there are many many
oth= ers
>out there. I have the basic plan that costs me right at $10 a m= onth for
>hosting. When I did the research myself a couple of years = ago, BlueDomino
was
>the best deal I could find. I don't know if tha= t's still true.
>
>That should get you started :)
>>Ron
For a web-based membership management utility and information = on list

To unsu= bscribe, send a blank email to 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "un= subscribe" (without quotes) in the subject.