[24hoursupport] Re: email computers

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lynda <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:02:47 -0500

Hello Lynda,

I'm not sure by what you mean by "one of those email computers".

The first thing to do is check to see if the hospital even allows such
things. The hospital in the town where I live will allow neither wired
connections to the hospital phone system nor the use of wireless
devices of any kind. Assuming they do, though, I would be cautious
about taking any kind of expensive computer hardware into the hospital
unless it was small enough to lock away easily and there was a place
to lock it up. I would presume that a full-out desktop system with
monitor would be out of the question, so you're looking at a notebook
or hand-held device of some kind. A notebook would definitely work.
There are many options out there.

Good luck, and please let us know if she gets it worked out and how.

Ron