[24hoursupport] Re: Scandisk fails to correct the disk error

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 24 Aug 2003 10:24:39 -0700

Have you thought of trying Norton Disk Doctor? It is more comprehensive
than Scandisk. Another option might be to find a copy of Spinrite, which
is the most comprehensive for finding and fixing non hardware disk
errors. I use a combination of these three and Ontrack's/V-Com's hard
drive analysis programs. I only mention all of these programs because I
have found that when I run into this kind of problem, one of these progs
will catch and fix the error when another cannot. No one single program
ALWAYS works in my experience. Spinrite is the only one, I believe, that
can correct mis marked sectors--sectors that have been marked
incorrectly as bad (or good). It can also retrieve data from a bad
sector.
-- good luck, d

--
Douglas S. Oliver <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>