[24hoursupport] Re: MS Critical security patch

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:59:29 +1000

That security patch is OK

I did not explain myself to well.
And when I go online and update online everything is OK

But you can go to the download centre and download for installing offline.
For instance you can do a search for Q817287, 810565, 823718 etc download them
burn to a CD.
It is this what I am having problems installing some only of the updates, but
not all.

I belong to a club and it is much easier to Burn them to a CD and install them
on separate machines,
rather than go on the internet at each machine, which in some cases takes up to
a couple of hours
so.

MS Critical security patch;

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.asp

Buffer Overrun In RPCSS Service Could Allow Code Execution (824146)

Originally posted: September 10, 2003

Summary

Who should read this bulletin: Users running Microsoft =AE Windows =AE

Impact of vulnerability: Run code of attacker's choice

Maximum Severity Rating: Critical

Recommendation: System administrators should apply the security patch
immediately

End User Bulletin:
An end user version of this bulletin is available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-039.asp

http://www.mwn.ca/
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
<virusinfo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

please see
http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/

"unsubscribe"
(without quotes) in the subject.