[24hoursupport] Highjacked Browser

  • From: Bob <minwltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:38:59 -0500

My browser keeps getting highjacked by something called "xupeter".
It keeps changing my Home URL and produces multiple pop ups.

Xupeter  has added a toolbar to my browser. I can hide the toolbar but
it is still available to be reselected on the IE customize option.

Also it added a large number of Favorites, which I deleted.

I use this machine for work and access my companies data base through my
browser. It is imperative that I get this removed. Any suggestions

Win XP Pro SP1
IE 6.0 SP1
Outlook  2002 SP1

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at