[24hoursupport] Re: Highjacked Browser

  • From: Bob <minwltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:54:44 -0500

    Thanks I tried adaware it did not work. Then I went to Lavasofts
site and updated the adaware reference file. That did 98% of the job.
But there were files it could not remove. They kept coming up file in
use. I renamed them and deleted all but 2. I then re-booted (Restart)
and ran adaware again which removed the rest.
Xupeter is one of the worst pices of garbage I have come across since my
first IBM PC JR(early 80's).

I can't believe this got by me. I was in a rush and clicked yes on some
popup then got another popup asking if I would allow Gator to install of
course I said no.  I should have known better.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at