[24hoursupport] Re: Avast antivirus

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:22:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2004 7:37:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
DanOzuna@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Has anyone tried the free Avast antivirus program. I'm asking for a friend
> who really can't afford one of the subscription based progs right now. Any
> pro/con comments would be appreciated.

       I haven't tried it, but AVG has a free one that's really good.  Just
go to Grisoft.com.  The first time I used it (I'd been using Norton, which
never found a single thing), it caught two viruses!!  A week later it caught
another one.  You can get free updates anytime you like.

                                 Dale