[24hoursupport] Re: Avast antivirus

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:18:54 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/04 10:15:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
Madrachod@xxxxxxx writes:

<<   I haven't tried it, but AVG has a free one that's really good.  Just
 go to Grisoft.com.  The first time I used it (I'd been using Norton, which
 never found a single thing), it caught two viruses!!  A week later it caught
 another one.  You can get free updates anytime you like. >>

    Not only "anytime you like" but you can program it to update
itself, however often you choose, and at the particular time of day
or night you choose. I like to program it to update itself at 2:00
every morning, and program it to run the antivirus program, itself,
at 3:00, every morning. That way, I never have to worry about
having the latest update running daily, and at a time I wouldn't
normally be using the computer.
Gary