[24hoursupport] Re: 2 Questions in one

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 13:29:18 -0600

Hello George,

I'm not the best one to answer questions about sound, which is probably my=
 weakest area of experience, but I believe that the changes have to be made=
 in each individual program. Meaning that if you use the headset and=
 microphone in one chat program, you have to adjust it through that program=
 and if you use a different program you may have to adjust it all over=
 again through the other one as well. I'm not sure if there is a way to=
 save those kinds of settings through Windows. Seems to me it should be=
 possible, but I've never tried to do it.

Did the headset come with any software or drivers, or does it just plug=
 into your sound card?

Now your second question about illegal operations in IE seems like a=
 non-sequitur to me. Do you mean that you have started experiencing more=
 than the usual number of illegal operations in IE **since installing the=
 headset**? Do you believe the two are related?

Ron

On 01/03/2003 at 7:52 PM George Cham wrote:

>First of all Happy new year to you all.
>A bout a week ago I bought a headset microphone to use on the internet in
>audio chat rooms.
>
>I can't seem to get it right.
>When I test the microphone  using sound recorder and adjustments made with
>volume control, the sound is muffled, and the changes I make using the
>above
>programs aren't beeing saved.
>
>2   I'm finding that when I use Ie I'm getting a lot of illegal operation
>messages.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/