[1stPickSoftware] Stickies

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:02:26 -0400

Stickies
Freeware
http://www.btinternet.com/~tom.revell/

Stickies is a PC utility I wrote to try to cut down on the number
of Post-It=AE notes I was leaving stuck to my monitor. It is a
computerised version of those notes.

The idea behind Stickies is that the program is small and simple.
Admittedly, over time it's grown in size as I've added features,
but it compiles to around 248k, which is pretty tiny by today's
standards. Stickies will not mess with your system files, or
write to the registry. Stickies stores all information in a
single text-based ini file. The program is written in Microsoft
Visual C++.

Stickies will never support animated dancing figures, or play
"Greensleeves". They are instead yellow rectangular windows onto
which you can put some notes. Once created, they will stay on
screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of
paper.

Main features:

    * Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until
closed, even through reboots
    * Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and
buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized
horizontally.
    * Languages other than English for the interface are also
supported.
    * Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another
either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using a SMTP mail
server:
          o Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically
transferred from other friends
          o WAV file play/PC speaker beep on receive
          o Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
          o Favourite friends can be chosen
    * Stickies can be hidden (sent to sleep!) for a certain
period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day,
week or month, to act as reminders
    * International language support
    * Save to file/Import from file, to transfer stickies by
removable media
    * Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text
file, and does not touch the registry
    * ...and Stickies is completely free!