[1stPickSoftware] ERUNT Backup for NT / XP - Mikes Friday Tip

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:45:42 -0800

If you have tried to use XP's System Restore you may have found it does not
always work.

ERUNT has recenty updated there Free program.
It is a simple easy to use program which may save your system.

ERUNT
The Emergency Recovery Utility NT
Registry Backup and Restore for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP

"In 2001, as Windows XP began to come pre-installed on many new home
user PCs and was likely to become the new Windows standard over the
next years, I decided to write a program which offers the ease-of-use
of Windows 9x/Me ERU by Microsoft (hence the name ERUNT) to backup the
registry, as well as providing an auto-backup capability, for example
at Windows startup.

Or, before installing a new program for testing purposes one could
save the registry with ERUNT, install and test the program, uninstall
it and restore the registry to be 100% sure that no debris is left."

One of the features is an automatic daily backup which will keep 30 days before
deleting the oldest.
I back up with it then burn the back-up to CD, it makes a bootable backup.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/