[1stPickSites] (04/26/04) Assignment Calculator

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:11:10 -0400

Assignment Calculator

http://www.lib.umn.edu/help/calculator/

The site's calculator is just that - a calculator, but one which
offers a detailed schedule of tasks to be completed. The due date
of the assignment is entered along with an optional subject area.
A simple click results in a timetable in which the essay
requirements are delineated by specific dates with accompanying
information on each segment.

Using a 20 day time frame input, the calculator devised a plan
with specific tasks for each day, among which were (by day 3)
Write working thesis; (by day 5) Find, review, and evaluate
books; (by day 13) Write 1st draft; (by day 15) Conduct
additional research as necessary; (by day 18) Revise & rewrite.
In each of these steps relevant resources are linked -- for
example, organizing the first draft, evaluating source material
and citing sources using various standard guides.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.