[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Scaning Documents using the OCR

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:27:09 -0800

Hi George,
With my old HP scanner I had to scan and save the document to a file
(Paperport) first then open it with the OCR program.

I don't know if your's works the same on not.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 03/11/2002 at 1:09 PM George Cham wrote:

Hello
I have a Plustex USB Scanner.
I am trying to scan a page but nothing is working.
Here's what I do.

1.   I put the paper face down in the scanner.
2.    I select OCR from the Action Manager32 menu.
3.    It scanners the document, and opens either WordPad or MS word.

All I get is a blank page.

NOTE  It's working ok with photos.

 George

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.