[1stPickPCHelp] Re: ScanDisk problems

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:21:27 -0800

Hi Debbie,
here are some of the instuctions from MS
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;222469
Windows Me
To restart to a command prompt and run ScanDisk in real mode, follow these
steps:
Start your computer by using the Windows Me Startup disk. If you need to
create a Startup disk, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

267287 How to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me

From the Startup menu, choose Minimum Boot.
At the command prompt, type scandisk, and then press ENTER.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 21/11/2002 at 11:58 PM Debbie A. wrote:

Um...How do I start in DOS?
I have WIN ME.

Inside me is a skinny woman trying to get out. But I can usually shut the
bit@# up with chocolate."

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.