[haiku-doc] Conference/Moving Forward

  • From: Sevik <sevik9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:58:19 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm located in la la land (Los Angeles USA), so the time difference
coupled with my busy man-about-town schedule, except during the days on
Fridays, might make it difficult for me to join anything in real time. But I
won't take it tooooo personally if you all go and have fun with out me :)

  The items that were on the agenda from a previous message were:

  *** 1 *** Finish the support kit documentation. Make sure the docs adhere to
the API guidelines, or the API guidelines adhere to the practical
problems.

  *** 2 *** Have a good look at the midi2 kit, and rewrite it partially. It
needs many updates with regards to references to other locations, and
it needs to be restructured according to our guidelines.

  *** 3 *** The instructions in this e-mail need to be transferred to a webpage
or a wiki page or whatever is appropriate, so that other interested
people can join in easily.

  *** 4 *** And (probably of least importance) one of the other kits should be
started. I have some ideas on how to do this, but I will probably digg
up an older email monday to prevent me from retyping the whole stuff.

  ---------

  So, let's get (1) and (2) done since that's the priority. That will give us a
chance to dive in and learn how to write the docs for some kits, while also
working together.

  My schedule is that I can put in the hours on Friday. I'll be happy to go
through the documentation for the support kit and compare it with the API
guidelines; help finish undocumented parts; etc. Likewise with the midi2
documentation. I would rather not claim anything now though if someone has time
to work M-Thu.

  If we make edits, are we going to get access to commit the changes, or is
there going to be another process here at the beginning ?

  - Rich

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.