[haiku-doc] Re: Conference/Moving Forward

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:43:03 +0200

Hi,

First, about meeting, I'm very inconveniently inable to access the web
many times. Bruno, could you please post a list of topics that you
would like to discuss? At this point I'm not completely convinced that
communication via this list is insufficient.

So, let's get (1) and (2) done since that's the priority. That will give us
a chance to dive in and learn how to write the docs for some kits, while
also working together.

Yes. These two realistically have to be done first before other tasks
can be tackled.

My schedule is that I can put in the hours on Friday. I'll be happy to go
through the documentation for the support kit and compare it with the API
guidelines; help finish undocumented parts; etc. Likewise with the midi2
documentation. I would rather not claim anything now though if someone has
time to work M-Thu.

I'd rather you would. There's enough for everyone, so pick what you
want to do. If no one picks anything, nothing happens. This is an open
invitation. I'm Dutch, you don't have to be humble or polite with me.
Really. I can handle it.

If we make edits, are we going to get access to commit the changes, or is
there going to be another process here at the beginning ?

The policy seems to be that one gets write access if someone becomes a
regular contributor (which is not defined in absolute terms), or if
someone starts to work on a new area. This means that in the beginning
you'll probably be sending me diffs, and if you enjoy working on the
documentation and you intent to continue, I will make sure you'll get
write access.

Niels