[ZeroBrane Studio] debug lua on an embedded micro

  • From: "Jim Hall" <j.hall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:50:09 -0400

Hi

I have an ARM Cortex based product with an OS providing TCP stack, an SD
card for file storage, and lots of custom hardware. I have embedded Lua 5.2
into the product and added an API to give Lua access to my hardware. Also
have Telnet and FTP services running.

Now trying to get Zerobrane 0.70 operational. I have adapted Luasockets to
use my limited OS, have added mobdebug.lua 0.564 and socket.lua to my
application. Also added - require("mobdebug").start("192.168.10.1") to my
test script. Things sort of work. I can run the script, watch variables,
stop at some breakpoints.

Questions / problems:

1.       Does Zerobrane require mobdebug to run a server. If so do I also
add - require("mobdebug").listen?

2.       When the script hits a breakpoint the script stops but the IDE
doesn't indicate the script is stopped. If I click the 'pause' symbol the
IDE then changes state showing the brake point in the script. I have looked
at FAQs. I have added - require('mobdebug').coro() - no help

I have moved both IDE and remote device projects to their root directories -
no help

Any thoughts?

Jim Hall                    j.hall@xxxxxxxxxxx

781-254-4579          www.air2app.com

Monitor and Control Your Remote Application

PNG image