[yunqa.de] Re: SQLite3

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:37:43 +0200

On 20.07.2010 18:40, Stewart Spink wrote:

> Hi, I am evaluating SQLite3 Pro. Do you have an example of using
> sqlite3_bind_blob with a TStream. I have tried using the
> TDISQLite3IncrBlobStream method but found too slow.

Yes. There is an incremental blob stream example in

  \Demos\DISQLite3_Incremental_Blob\

You should be interested in this function:

  DISQLite3_Incremental_Blob_DB.pas,
  function TBlobDatabase.AddBlobFromStream

I doubt you will get it any faster than this. TDISQLite3IncrBlobStream
is carefully optimized and has very little overhead only.

If you want it even faster, I am afraid you must implement a dedicated
solution specially targeted at your particular stream type. Look at the
sqlite3_blob_write() API for a starting point and consult the
TDISQLite3IncrBlobStream source code for an example implementation.