[yunqa.de] Re: AutoIt Importer

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:33:52 +0200

On 20.07.2010 21:43, complex junk wrote:

>> Excellent. Just one question: I am not familiar with the script syntax, but
>> there must be a way to break those long lines? Not everyone has full HD
>> monitors yet, but even if you have, it does not look very pleasant to the
>> eyes. Could you look into that? Thank you!
>
> There is, my apologies. I have a very wide monitor, but I still wasn't
> following proper comment syntax. I've broken up long lines and cleaned
> up the comments, it's much nicer to read now.

Much appreciated!

>> > The Wiki is versioned, so in case it the page should be deleted
>> > unintentionally, it should be easy to restore it from a previous version.
>
> Cool, I was mainly worried if it would be received well by the
> developers or maintainers of the wiki.

No worries. Why should there?

> I also thought you guys might be afraid of a pre-compiled exe, so I
> provided the source upfront. I invite you to host the compiled
> executable on the site for the less savy users.

I prefer to post the script only, for the reason you've given. Interested users
should have no problem compiling it themselves. It also makes it easier to fix
problems in case I change WikiTaxi_Importer.exe in incompatible ways.

And last but not least, I would not mind adding batch support to WikiTaxi
Importer if more people will ask for it ...