[yshavurah] Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: ark design]]

  • From: "Elliot Gaines, Ph.D." <elliot.gaines@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rebiljo@xxxxxxxxxx, yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:43:28 -0400

greetings again,
Sorry, the original message did not forward the jpg image of the  ark.
Please find the attached image of the portable ark.  My design is based
on this "look" which is simple, light weight, and more portable than the
original.  It is designed for two torahs.

Elliot

> Proposed Portable Ark design:
> I suggest cherry, though oak or maple will work as well.  Because of
> weight concerns, I suggest floating panels made of fine finished veneer
> rather than laminated solid wood (stronger and lighter, veneers are well
> made, just as attractive and strong at 1/10 the weight).
>
> INSIDE DIMENSIONS to accomodate two torahs:
> 12? deep
> 40? high
> 32? wide
>
> Two sides=mortise and tenon (approx) 3? wide solid wood. Inside edges of
> the assembled frame are prepared with a routed groove to accept a
> floating (3/8? veneer) panel.
> Front= mortise and tenon (approx) 3? wide solid wood. Beveled outside
> edges to join with sides.
> Top, bottom, and back = 3/8? veneer panels (edges covered in assembly).
> Two doors mounted on the face of the front mortise and tenon cabinet frame.
> Inside light fixture built into recessed top section above the doors,
> with wood barrier behind a curtain rod.
> Decorative trim molding around top.

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: Ark.jpg