Re: DIR not working right

  • From: J R FOX <jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 07:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

And what about under that alternate Cmd.Exe that RH recommended to us long ago
. . .  or was that null and

void by the time of Vista / W7 ?

Since you are the exponent of W7 32bit, I have one for you.  I dragged
Editor.Exe onto my W7_x86 desktop,

where it stubbornly remains represented as a plain white sheet of paper.
Nothing I've tried so far has caused

*any* of the Xy icons available at Brian's site to "take."  I don't seem to
have this problem with any other program

on that desktop, but then this is probably the only DOS program there, which
may well be the clue.  If there is

some _other_ way to force this, do tell.

     Jordan