[womeninscience] WIS - Last Meeting TOMORROW!

  • From: v c <vcbc11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: womeninscience@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:29:27 -0800 (PST)

Hey girls!

It's crazy how fast the months have passed.  Tomorrow (Thurs, Nov 11th) is
Women in Science's last meeting for the fall semester.  Joining us will be Dr.
Jacquelin Dudley, who does research in mouse mammary tumors.  Come so you can
find out what ways are left for you to earn your volunteer and social points
for active membership and scholarship eligibility.

I'll take the opportunity now to announce the last volunteer opportunity for
the semester.  Global Medical Brigades is having a medication drive for their
trip to Panama in January.  If you have any medications you don't really use or
that are in excess, this is a simple and great way to help out people who do
not normally have access or cannot afford the everyday medications (Advil,
Claritin, etc) we take.  Here's the list of meds that are being collected and a
few requirements:

Medications
- no prescription meds accepted
- no expired meds
- please make sure they're labeled (strength and name of meds)

We'll be collecting them up until Nov 29th (our last Study Night), so you'll
have plenty of time to bring them in. :)

As always, there will be free food at the meeting: wraps, sodas, and cookies!
See you tomorrow at 6PM, in WCH 1.110!

Vickie Chang
President, Women in Science
The University of Texas at Austin