[womeninscience] Spreadsheet, Career Day & Skating Social

  • From: v c <vcbc11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: womeninscience@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:15:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi girls!

As promised, here is the super
 important spreadsheet e-mail!   I'll be covering a few different topics, so
here goes!  First, for Career Day, I have the following people signed up:

Nov 15th (8-11AM) - Jaira San Jose, Vickie Chang, Ashley Shew (can drive 3)
Nov 16th (11:30-2:30PM) - Akanksha Verma, Monica Ramirez (can drive 4), Rania
Eldam (can drive 4)

Let me know if you're positive you can make it before Monday (Nov 8th).  I will
be
 sending Mr. Warden our list of volunteers, so the school can make schedules
and certificates for us.  This will be the last chance to tell us you can't
attend.

Next, as you all may or may not know--we have another social coming up next
Friday!!  Details are as follow:

Rollerskating Social
Where: Playland Skate Center (8822 McCann Dr, 78757)
When: Fri, Nov 12th 4-6PM ( we will meet at 3:30PM in front of Littlefield
Fountain, and leave at 3:40PM)
Why: Earn a
 social point while having fun with WIS!
 :)
Misc: Bring $5.50 with you, and e-mail me if you'd like to come or provide
rides!  Skate rental is already included in the price, but if you'd like to
rent rollerblades, bring $3.00 more.

Last, but not least, I've
 attached the current Fall 2010 Spreadsheet to this e-mail.  Please let Yifang
(yifangshen@xxxxxxxxx) know if there are any mistakes or if you'll be needing
to move points around.  We still have one more meeting left, and a handful of
socials and volunteering opportunities--so come out to those if you're missing
anything.  You can see what events are coming up here at our wonderful website:
http://www.wix.com/womeninscience/ut/calendar

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Vickie Chang
President, Women in Science
The University of Texas at Austin